Ben Wallace MP offers work experience opportunities to students from Wyre and Preston North. The placements usually take place in Westminster over a two day period, when Parliament is sitting. The placement gives young people an insight in to the work of Parliament and the role of a Member of Parliament. Students will be given the opportunity to:
- Attend Parliamentary debates in both the House of Commons and House of Lords
- Take a tour of the Palace of Westminster
- Find out more about the work of Select Committees
- Conduct research into matters before Parliament and/or issues affecting the constituency or casework matters
- See how a Parliamentary Office is run
- Learn about Parliamentary questions and the legislative process
If you are interested in undertaking work experience in my Westminster Office, please email or write to me with a copy of your CV, your address and dates when you are available.